CONSULTING and EXPERTISE
Since 2006, the AICM Foundation has brought to Ukraine the experience of international and national specialists in the form of 39 advisory missions.
These activities account for 15% of the annual budget and 17 consultants, including 9 medical experts.
Main current projects:
- Advice on the strategy of rural and urban communities linked to decentralization and medical and social reforms. 69 communities representing 1.8 million citizens are currently supported by AICM consultants to improve their health care system, better manage medical resources and find new national or international funding. These projects are funded by the federal government of Germany and by the Ukrainian communities themselves.
- The fight against corruption in the medical field, this project was recently set up to identify the sources of embezzlement of public money and illegal requests for payment from patients in a weak situation. Our consultants offer solutions to prosecute offenders, and develop a strategic plan to avoid such situations which are sometimes due to an organizational or supervisory problem. This project was supposed to start in cooperation with national authorities in September 2021 by an Oblast of 3.5 million inhabitants to be generalized in 2023, it was postponed due to the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Strategic consulting with the French Ministry of Health on the National Cancer Plan,
- Strategic consulting within the framework of the radio protection of the inhabitants of the Oblasts of Kirovograd and Zaporozhe,
- Strategic advice at the regional level on children's rights in the context of the reform of boarding schools and foster families,
And planned for 2022:
- Support for the rehabilitation of 8 oncology centers in 5 oblasts,
- Strategic advice on social and medical support of psychiatric care in Kharkiv region,
- Consultations and expertise on the establishment of centralized workshops for maintenance and repair of medical equipment in Luhansk region,
- Global strategic support to 25 communities (Community) in the framework of decentralization in Luhansk and Donetsk regions. General project related to social, educational, public services, security, health care and territorial reorganization. This project will be carried out by general non-medical consultants.
- Rehabilitation of 19 primary health care centers along the front line in Luhansk and Donetsk regions.