COVID-19 training (online training open to all specialists): emergency care in the context of COVID-19 by creating a channel between French and Ukrainian hospitals on specific topics that have a direct impact on mortality in the intensive care unit. We used the 6-month gap between COVID-19 waves in Western Europe and Ukraine to transfer skills and techniques specific to intensive care patients online to 15 hospitals in Ukraine, including in areas temporarily out of government control.
These online trainings complement those conducted by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and the World Health Organization.
Their main advantage is their practicality at the most sensitive stages of detection, admission, sorting, various types of oxygenation and treatment, disinfection, protection of staff and other patients.
These training courses apply to medical professionals, radiologists, ultrasound doctors, as well as nurses and paramedics who are actively involved.
The main topics covered (incomplete list):
- Detection of patients with COVID with respiratory distress by simple examinations,
- Sorting patients after their arrival by gravity with screening methods,
- Types of oxygenation, treatment in the protocol table,
- Specific evolution of patients with COVID-Delta,
- Long-term COVID and medical monitoring,
- Prophylactics currently approved and their effects (molnupivir, liponavir / ritonavir),
- Preventive protection and disinfection measures Interaction with drugs and comorbidities.