The management of the Association Іnternationale de Сoopération Medicine (Association Іnternationale de Сoopération Médicale - "AICM") has been providing medical and pharmaceutical care to Central and Eastern European countries for over 16 years. We are deeply moved by the health crisis in Ukraine, where the death rate is highest in Europe and, in most cases, outdated. Many Ukrainian doctors have asked us to help them establish contact with their French colleagues. It is because of the huge demand for borrowing foreign experience, as well as receiving a favorable response from the French side, that we decided to create a Fund in Ukraine, which would become a kind of bridge between the two countries. Since the Foundation's inception, its activities have spread to several hundred hospitals and government agencies in Ukraine.
The International Humanitarian Foundation "AICM Ukraine" was registered in Ukraine on March 27, 2006 under the number 34241394.
Our Foundation for Medical Cooperation works in the following main areas of cooperation:
- GOVERNMENT: Participation at the governmental level in working groups on health care, in the implementation of humanitarian projects and in the development of a comprehensive disease prevention program. In order to implement the above measures, we signed a cooperation agreement with the Government of Ukraine, which was signed by the Ukrainian Minister of Health, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of Justice (currently our organization is the only one in Ukraine that has such an agreement). The result of this agreement was the establishment in 2008 of the National Cancer Institute in Ukraine, as well as the establishment of cooperation in other areas in the coming years (AIDS, tuberculosis, epilepsy…).
- SCIENCE: Scientific cooperation in the field of medicine (participation in conferences, exchange of scientific articles, etc.), conducting research on various issues by French institutions, including in the field of cancer, AIDS, overcoming the consequences of the Chernobyl accident. In addition, on the basis of the MEDICAL ACADEMY we organize courses in various specialties of modern medicine.
- INSTITUTIONS: Participation in advanced training and training of physicians of institutes specializing in such profiles as cardiac surgery, neurology, neurosurgery, pediatrics and gynecology. 55 specialists underwent training and internships from 1 to 4 months in France.
- HOSPITALS: To provide assistance to medical institutions that need it, by training doctors, conducting complex surgical operations in France, delivery of the necessary equipment. Thus, 5 dialysis centers (artificial kidney), dozens of operating rooms and X-ray diagnostics rooms are equipped all over Ukraine. A total of 274 hospitals received financial assistance from Ukraine. Development of "twinning" relations between Ukrainian and French hospitals. Assistance in promoting European medical standards in Ukraine. Special assistance in the fight against the COVID-19 epidemic.
- CONSULTATION: Implement large-scale projects to help communities improve health care through decentralization and health care reform. More general and non-medical projects on administrative and human reorganization of communities, protection of women and children affected by violence, fight against corruption, respect for the rights of orphans or those under state protection.